MCDL Coaching Jobs /Available Coaches
This page lists the Pools and Clubs looking for Coaches, and those individuals who are looking for Coaching positions. Our Season runs from late-May through mid July. Dual Meets are usually on Sundays with warm ups starting at 4pm and lasting until 9 pm. Club practice times vary by pool, but usually have morning and afternoon practice hours Monday - Friday.
Pools look for Candidates with:
- Responsible & committed individuals
- Excellent technical skills
- Interest in coaching young and beginning divers
- Energetic and hands-on coaching style
- Significant competitive diving experience
- Previous MCDL coaching or diving experience is a plus!
Sharon Ruckdeschel, firstname.lastname@example.org 301-806-4977
Calverton Swim Club Dive Team seeks a head coach for the 2019 MCDL summer season. We are are very relaxed team of kids and parents.
Our dive team ranges in age from 6-18 with skill levels from beginner to all-star. We usually have about 25 divers who regularly attend practices and meets.
Season begins June 1st and ends the last week in July.
- Experienced coach who is enthusiastic and committed to developing diver skills in a safe and fun environment
- Previous coaching experience
- Interest in creating a fun, spirit-filled team
- Attending or have attended a MCDL Coaching Clinic offered in May and early June
- Practices are typically Tuesday - Friday 10 am - 12:00 pm
- Preparing for and coaching at all Dual, Robin Hood, Divisional, and All-Star meets (view the full 2019 schedule)
- Dual meets (Sundays from approx 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm for 5 weeks beginning mid June)
- Robin Hood Invitational (Friday, July 19 at 3:00 pm)
- Divisional meet (Sunday, July 21st from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm)
- All-Star Meets (Wednesday, July 24 at 2:00 pm and Thursday, July 25 at 2:00 pm)
Susan-301-980-5682, Valerie- 301-529-3862
Tanterra is looking for a Head Coach for the 2019 season.
We are committed to providing friendly team competition in a fun, organized, and wholesome environment and to help young divers establish a love for the sport. Previous coaching and MCDL experience a plus!
- Be enthusiastic, show team spirit, provide a good example to team members, and encourage good sportsmanship.
- Provide daily practices emphasizing safety, technique and form.
- Attend all practices, meets and social events.
- Put safety above winning without exception.
- Have current First Aid, CPR and Life Guarding certifications and attend the MCDL coach training.
- Communicate effectively with team representatives in all manners concerning the management of the team.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested applicants please send your interest to Susan Ostrisky, email@example.com and Valerie Carlson, Valerie_carlson@yahoo.com, Tanterra Dive Reps.
Julie Conrad, firstname.lastname@example.org 240-498-2036
Potomac Swim & Tennis is seeking a Head Dive Coach with coaching experience. Our team has about 25-30 divers ranging from age 7-18. We have both beginners and experienced competitive divers. We usually run one late afternoon practice on weekdays.
The position is for the MCDL 2019 Summer Season. The first practice starts on or around 5/28/19, but other team-related functions might occur prior to this date such as a meet and greet or interest meeting. The position continues through the completion of the season at the All-Star meet.
The position of Head Coach involves the planning, coordination, training, and implementation of all aspects of a Montgomery County Dive League summer program. Support for this position is derived from swim team “rep” parents, other volunteer parents, the General Manager of PSTC, and from the MCDL League.
An ideal candidate will be an experienced, mature, and inspirational dive coach. All candidates should have a significant diving and/or coaching background. Salary is based on experience. For more information, please contact Julie Conrad at 240-498-2036.
Kristen Swiggett, email@example.com 240-460-9563
Carderock Springs dive team is seeking both an energetic Head coach as well as an assistant coach that are able to develop diving skills in a safe environment. We are seeking coaches that are able to motivate divers to improve and be competitive, while also keeping the season fun. We are interested in a coach that is able to demonstrate and reinforce good sportsmanship.
· CPR and First Aid certified; Have a life saving certificate or be enrolled in class to get one
· Ability to work with kids of all ages and skill levels
· Well organized and able to prepare dive sheets properly and timely for meets
· Previous coaching experience
Candidates should have significant dive experience. Salary will depend upon experience. CSST Dive team is composed of many motivated kids. You will have the opportunity to earn extra income by providing private dive lessons.
Practices will be held in the afternoon from 4 – 7pm as well as in the morning from 9 - 10am. Coaches will be expected to attend MCDL coaches training, as well as attend swim certification classes.
Carderock Springs Swim and Tennis Club is a family friendly club nestled in a beautiful wood setting in Carderock Springs neighborhood at 8200 Hamilton Spring Ct, Bethesda, MD 20817
Please send resumes to Kristen Swiggett (Dive team Rep) at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to coach diving, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you have a position available, you may now post openings through your dashboard after you log in to your team's account. If you encounter any difficulties, please tell firstname.lastname@example.org. Information to be posted should be specified EXACTLY, including type of position (Head vs Asst. Coach), contact name, phone, and/or email address.